Back with a Bang! The Apartment Unveils Celebrity Line-Up for Season 4Check out this season's star-studded cast!
17 Dec 2014 by The Apartment | | with No Comments
with No Comments
Singapore, 17 Dec 2014: Following the huge success of last year’s show, Asia’s best loved and biggest design reality TV Show, The Apartment, will be returning to screens on Sunday, 25th January with their latest installment – The Apartment: Celebrity Edition.
Airing on StarWorld, the show – produced by Imagine Group in collaboration with Fox International Channels – features 12 celebrity contestants as they fight paintbrush and palette to win $100,000 for a charity of their choice. The full list of celebrity contestants is appended below.
Set in the breathtaking location of Phuket, Asia’s #1 reality show sees the return of ladies’ favourite and international award-winning designer Jamie Durie, as well as interior design’s very own Simon Cowell – sharp-tongued and world-renowned interior designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen. Ex-model and acclaimed interior designer, Andrea Savage, who featured as a guest judge in season 3, will be on hand to inject a bit of glamour as she claims the last permanent seat on this season’s judging panel.
Riaz Mehta, President and Founder of Imagine Group said, “We are extremely excited to launch The Apartment: Celebrity Edition. The Apartment is one of our longest running reality TV shows and having celebrities as contestants add a varied dimension
to the show.”
Divided into groups of three, the 12 international celebrities have to work against the clock, and each other, as they scramble to re-design the luxurious villas provided by Castlewood Group. With the clock ticking and budgets stretched, it’s only a matter of time until tensions are running high and friends become foes. If that isn’t enough to contend with, the brand new format incorporates a number of twists and turns that are sure to get contestants, and viewers, on the edge of their seats.
Chris Comer, CEO, Castlewood Group said: “We are extremely proud to be partnering with Imagine Group for this year’s brand new format of Asia’s leading reality design show, The Apartment. This edition has been taken to a whole new level, raising the bar for reality TV with a star-studded international cast in a beautiful and inspiring setting with our award-winning luxury villas in Bangtao Beach, Phuket. Also having all the winnings donated to charity supports our belief in giving back to local communities, something very close to my heart. Can’t wait to see the celebs go at it!”Co-sponsored by Dulux, a quality brand by AkzoNobel, The Apartment has experienced huge growth in Asia Pacific. It has also inspired many new homeowners with a wide range of colour tips and empowers them to make better decisions when they are designing their own homes.
Jeremy Rowe, Managing Director, Decorative Paints, South East and South Asia at AkzoNobel, the manufacturer of Dulux, said: “We have a long-standing partnership with The Apartment from the very first season, and this is the fourth consecutive year that we provide the contestants with access to the latest interior design tools and resources. Colour is a powerful tool that can be used to inspire emotions, set the mood and enhance living spaces. This helps to create an emotional connection and gives people a sense of place, space and identity. It also underlines our belief that everyone should be given the chance to benefit from the transformative power of color. As the world’s leading colour authority, we are excited to the return of this Asia’s number 1 reality design show and look forward to see all 12 celebrity contestants this year to express their personal style and turn their ideas to reality.”
“We are excited to launch this latest celebrity edition of The Apartment in January on StarWorld. Producing high quality content that is relevant to and resonates with our audience here in Asia has been a key priority for FIC. We’re pleased to be collaborating with Imagine Group to produce this original format as the show is a great fit for StarWorld’s chic and discerning viewers,” said Fion Yeo, Senior Vice President of Content & Communication for HK & Southeast Asia at FOX International Channels.
The Apartment: Celebrity Edition premieres on StarWorld on 25 Jan 2015, Sunday at 9.40pm SG/HK (8.40pm JKT/BKK) and features 10 action-packed one-hour episodes.
For more information on the show, please visit: www.facebook.com/theapartmenttv or www.theapartmenttv.com
The 12 celebrity contestants include:
• Bronson Pelletier – Pelletier is a Canadian film and television actor who began his acting career in 2007. He is also known for his role in The Twilight Saga.
• Chef Lau – Chef Lau is one of the most recognizable names in the local culinary scene in the Philippines today.
• Cindy Gomez – Raised in suburban Toronto, Gomez is of Colombian and Belgian descent. She has collaborated with many of the world’s top songwriters and
producers such as Dave Steward, Desmond Child, Andreas Carlsson, amongst many others.
• Justin Bratton – Bratton is an established host, actor, model and film-maker based in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Lucy Clarkson – Best known as being the official Lara Croft model from the Tomb Raider series of video games for several years, Clarkson is a British model, singer and TV presenter
• Mary Christina Brown – Mary Christina is an American actress with a multi-cultural background of Dutch, Irish, English, Welsh, Native American, Korean and Japanese
• Nicole Russo – Russo has performed worldwide for many years as firstly a singer songwriter, then record producer for some of the top bands in the world notably The Brand New Heavies
• Patricia K – Patricia K is a Danish-Malaysian model, DJ, television host and emcee. She was born in Hong Kong and raised in Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Denmark before moving to Malaysia in 2008.
• Paula Taylor – Taylor is a woman with several hats. She is an actress, VJ, model, reality TV star, entrepreneur and now mother. Seventeen Magazine crowned her ‘Teen Idol’ for 5 consecutive years
• Rima Fakih – Fakih made history as the first Arab, Lebanese and Muslim to be crowned Miss USA 2010. Apart from major modeling campaigns, she has appeared in numerous TV shows and on covers of several magazines. Rima was invited to speak at Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday anniversary by former first lady and Shanghai’s opening of the World Expo.
• Ryan Star – Dubbed “the alt-rock frank ocean” by Paper Magazine, Star is an alternative rock artist from Brooklyn, New York
• Xiao Wang – Xiao Wang was born in China, grew up in the States and is now based in New York where she is also an actress and a fashion model who owns and designs jewelry lines. She was a former MTV VJ at MTV CHI. She has also appeared in numerous editorials, campaigns and runway shows.
For high-resolution images, please contact:
T: +65 6220 7361
T: + 65 6303 0888
T: +65 6635 5353
T: (+852) 2621 9166
T: +65 6347 2326